Wednesday, July 13, 2011

July 12.


While I was in Pasadena(if you see my previous post), I saw a lovely brick building that I made my sisters stand in front of for a while so I could take their pictures.



I really like this picture here just because while it's a very straight-forward portrait shot, what makes the picture interesting is the composition and color of the brick. I did saturate the picture a bit to give the brick and the color of my sister's shirt more definition but if you ever want a cool place to take pictures, brick buildings are most always a good place.




This picture here I edited to be black and white, but the next picture down you will notice is the color version of the same picture. I did this to show what a different look you can get with black and white, or color. Because of the brick building, I think that the color version of the photograph may be better because it shows the interesting color range of the brick but the black and white adds a dramatic effect to the picture which I really like.















No comments:

Post a Comment